Sales success doesn't come easily to smaller software and technology businesses. It’s a very competitive market place and it’s growing fast. It's time to get things moving, achieve the success you want - and sell more software.
What is your plan to improve on last quarter’s sales figures and sell more software?
If you haven’t got a plan, then this is a really good place to start.
A sales plan will help you define a set of sales targets for your business and choose sales strategies that are suited to your target market. Here is what you need to do:
1. Review your previous sales and marketing activity - see what worked, what didn't?
2. Ask yourself have you achieved a sales process that can be replicated? We help our clients build an effective process by following these steps, so if at this point you are looking to build a successful sales process then this should help:
- Prospect Identification - How to find relevant engaged leads in your market.
- Qualification – Identifying the right leads to invest your time in.
- Needs Analysis/Discovery - Finding out more – understanding the business challenges and their pain points (needs).
- Solution Demonstration - Presentation of your value proposition.
- Priced Proposal/Quotation – Your documented solution to their needs.
- Providing Proof – Relevant evidence of success.
- Negotiation/Objection Handling – Ironing out the wrinkles.
- Close the deal.
3. Start to plan and document your sales targets and think about how you will meet your targets.
4. Consider what marketing activities you will need to support and drive your sales strategy.
5. Finally, review your strategy and agreed plans on a regular basis. They don’t have to be set in stone, as your business grows, so will your sales plans.
We have worked with so many smaller software and technology businesses over the years helping them to build robust sales and marketing plans and processes in order for them to sell more software. Check out our testimonials…
Our advice is this - set some clear, achievable business goals. Don't try to do too much too soon, but seek clarity in what you're trying to achieve.
Register for your free no obligation consultation with Terry Forsey, a very experienced software and technology sales and marketing consultant. Get in touch today to take advantage of this offer by phone on 01536 771440 or click here.